While the outsides of your teeth—the enamel—are what most of our patients worry about, there’s a lot that goes on beneath the surface. Within your teeth is a substance called dental pulp. If you have serious tooth decay or other problems in your mouth, that pulp can become infected.
Infected dental pulp is dangerous because it can spread throughout your mouth. To prevent infection from spreading, the team at Dentistry of Nashville will perform root canal therapy.
Root Canal Therapy
Getting a root canal isn’t as scary or painful as it’s made out to be. In fact, it’s a pretty easy procedure, and afterward, you’ll be so glad that you’re free from the pain that comes from having infected dental pulp.
The Root Canal Procedure
- You will be administered an anesthetic to numb the area being treated. If you have severe dental anxiety, you can speak with our office about our sedation dentistry options.
- The doctors at Dentistry of Nashville will remove all of the infected tissue from within your tooth.
- Once the infected tissue has been removed, the area will be cleaned and have a sterilizing medicine applied.
- Once that’s finished, the tooth’s shape will be restored and a beautiful crown will be placed on top for protection.
Root Canal Therapy Benefits
- Root canal therapy can stop infections from spreading.
- Root canal therapy can prevent you from having your tooth extracted.
- Patients who need root canals often experience serious, chronic toothaches. Root canal therapy relieves the toothache completely by attacking it at its source.
Contact Us About Root Canals in Nashville
Are you suffering from a severe toothache that just won’t go away? Give us a call right now to schedule a consultation. You may be suffering from infected dental pulp. If you need a root canal, you can rest assured that the procedure will be finished efficiently and with little pain. Don’t hesitate to give us a call today!