Here at Dentistry of Nashville, we encourage our patients to brush, floss, and see a dentist regularly to maintain healthy gums. All of these things are necessary to have a beautiful smile. However, having good oral hygiene isn’t the only way you can help get a healthy mouth. There are also certain foods can also improve your teeth and gums. Here are some great ways to create a healthier mouth with foods and drinks:
1) Crunchy Veggies – Crunchy foods like apples, carrots, and celery can help increase saliva, which help protect against cavities by rinsing away oral tissues.
2) Cinnamon – This flavorful spice contains a wonderful oil known as cinnamic aldehyde that can destroy bacteria.
3) Whole Grains – Regular consumption of whole grains reduces the risk of periodontal disease by a quarter and can also reduce inflammation. Just be sure to avoid corn syrup and sugar.
4) Cranberries And Cherries – These tart fruits help reduce plaque-promoting bacteria, that collect in your mouth during the day. Cherries have been shown to have the same effect for a healthy mouth.
5) Salmon – This pink fish helps reduce inflammation and cuts the of heart disease.
6) Raisins – Raisins contain phytochemicals, which eliminate bacteria responsible for gum disease and cavities.
7) Ugli Fruit – This delicious citrus fruit is loaded with wonderful Vitamin C, Vitamin B, and fiber, as well as other gum-strengthening vitamins.
8) Sugarless Gum – Chewing on sugar-free gum that contains the sugar alcohol xylitol helps reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
9) Brown Rice – Just like whole grains, brown rice decreases the risk of gum disease and helps create a healthier mouth.
10) Green Tea – Green tea aids with brain function boosts fat loss and helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, Type II diabetes, and Alzheimer’s Disease. Moreover, recent studies have also linked good dental health to regular consumption of green tea. The linkage may be due to healthy little substances called catechins. These happy little health aids reduce inflammation in the body and keep your mouth resistant to disease.
11) Peanut Butter – This thick and creamy food is not often considered when doctors look at healthy foods, but it is exceptionally good for fortifying gums and teeth. Just be sure to get a good quality organic brand with no sugar or corn syrup.
12) Dairy Products – Dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt help keep teeth and gums strong and help them resist disease, infection, and tooth decay. Yogurt also reduces hydrogen sulfide, the chemical associated with bad breath and can help reduce problems like plaque and gingivitis.
Why Choose Us?
Here at Dentistry of Nashville, we take great pride in crafting beautiful smiles. We do this by creating healthy teeth and gums, and striving to provide a comfortable dental experience. Our professional staff, use of the latest technology, and relaxing office environment, all combine to give our patients the best dental care possible.
Our experienced doctors also offer a wide variety of general and cosmetic dentistry procedures. Among the most popular are cosmetic bonding, veneers, teeth whitening, tooth-colored fillings and root canals. We believe in going the extra mile to help our patients. That is why we offer emergency service to those patients who require it. Each professional in our office undergoes extensive training and contributes to our mission of providing you with the highest level of expertise and service. So if you are looking for a dental practice that is devoted to making you feel comfortable, while providing you with exceptionally high-quality results, come give us a try!
Come To Dentistry Of Nashville Today!
The first step in a healthy smile is to make sure you brush, floss, and visit your dentist regularly. The next step is to try the products listed above to ensure your teeth and gums stay strong and healthy. The final step is to stop hiding your smile because of less-than-perfect teeth and fix them with dental implants! If you live in the Nashville, TN area and beyond, Drs. Elam, Vaughan, and Fleming may be able to restore a brilliant smile in just a few short office visits. There is no time like the present to get started on the smile of your dreams with Dentistry of Nashville.